Below is a free garden quiz sample from the book. 30 garden questions with answers, on a wide variety of topics.Why not print off a copy to do the garden quiz in the allotment shed with a cuppa, or perhaps at a garden club party or flower show bbq. Buy the book for the full challenge!
1. Name the evergreen hedge that has created many
a neighbourly dispute?
2. The Monkey Puzzle tree originates from which
3. What herb is regularly mentioned along with
4. The RHS holds a flower show at Tatton Park,
which is in what County?
5. Name the popular type of goldfish found in
ornamental garden ponds.
6. What plant is used in the treatment of Leukemia?
7. Soil can be Acidic, Alkaline or......?
8. Is a blue tulip fact or fiction?
9. What can be placed over Rhubarb to make it
longer and more delicate?
10. What colour rose is associated with
11. What yellow flowering tree is poisonous?
12. What is the name for sculpting hedges?
13. What bulb plant could be described as having a
facial hair problem?
14. Butterflies - Red Admiral, ........ White?
15. Name the organic gardener with flower in his
16. What special attribute makes Lavender ideal for
17. What county did Capability Brown, the famous
landscape designer originate from?
18. I am a woody stemmed plant, usually branched
near the base and lacking a single trunk....what am
19. What is a whip?
20. A Hybrid Tea is a type of what plant?
21. Where do Pelargoniums originate from?
22. What type of plants can be found in a rock
23. Rhizomes are a type of what plant?
24. What herb beginning with ‘A’ has soothing
25. A dibber is useful for what?
26. Cacti are often refered to as what?
27. Kale, Cauliflowers, Brussel Sprouts are all what
type of vegetable?
28. A beer trap can help control what type of pest?
29. A cloche can help protect plants from what?
30. Shepherds Purse is a type of what?
6. Vinca, a strain of the Perrywinkle
9. A Rhubarb Forcer
13. The Bearded Iris
15. Bob Flowerdew
16. Small leaves
18. A shrub
19. A young seedling or grafted tree without branches.
21. South Africa
24. Aloe Vera
25. Planting seeds
27. Western Brassicas
28. Slugs and snails
New from Gardenandgreen.co.uk. The Garden and Nature Quiz Book. Example quizzes - Grow your own quiz, bird quiz, Christmas garden quiz, national park quiz etc.
AMAZON PRINT VERSION
AMAZON KINDLE VERSION £1.99
There is 10 questions on a video which can be projected onto a wall if you are doing a group quiz.
Here are the 10 answers.
2. Rooks are gregarious whereas crows tend to be solitary.
5. Red rose
7. Bearded Iris
9. To prevent Grey Mould, a fungal disease, from transferring from the soil to the fruits.